Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Welcome to the Winchester Elementary PTA!
Dear Winchester Community,
On behalf of the Winchester Parent Teacher Association (PTA), we extend our warmest welcome to each and every one of you. We are thrilled to have you as part of our community, and we look forward to working together to create a nurturing and supportive environment for our children.
The PTA is dedicated to promoting the welfare and well-being of our students, both academically and personally. We believe that a strong partnership between parents, staff, teachers, and community members is essential in providing the best possible educational experience for our children.
We invite you to join us in our mission to enhance educational opportunities. Your involvement, ideas, and support are invaluable to us, and together, we can make a lasting impact on the lives of our children. Please view the information below to see what the Winchester PTA does and how you can be involved.
Thank you for being a part of our community and for your commitment to the success and happiness of our students. We look forward to working hand in hand with you throughout the year.
The Winchester PTA Board
The Winchester PTA Board
Contact UsPresident – Amy Tuckfield [email protected]
Vice President – Alison Tomasaitis [email protected]
Vice President – Michelle Vigna [email protected]
Secretary – Kristyn Blosl [email protected]
Treasurer - Jena Mabrey [email protected]
What Does the PTA Do?
To view the PTA Calendar, click here. Please note dates are subject to change. Watch out for new events this year like the Holiday Shop and the Buddy Program! Also, if you have a new idea that you would like to see implemented at Winchester, reach out to us or attend an upcoming PTA meeting.
* Nuts About Science * WinTechers Robotics Club * Northville Art House * Book Fair * Student Assemblies * March is Reading Month
Support Teachers and Staff* Teacher/Paraprofessional Stipends to purchase classroom supplies * Staff Appreciation * Favorite Things List * Gift Crowd
Social Events* Outdoor Movie Night * Skatin’ Station Nights * Breakfast with a Buddy * Fun Run * Field Day * Mother/Son Hockey
Create Connections* Kindergarten Roundup * Student Directory * Yearbook * Spirit Wear Sales * Stride and Girls on the Run * And so much more!
Membership and Donations
- JOIN THE PTA! Membership costs $12 for one adult or $20 for 2 adults and you will receive a printed Winchester Directory! Remember, PTA memberships are annual and need to be renewed each year.
- If I join, do I have to volunteer? No time commitment is required!
- As a PTA member you will have the opportunity to attend the PTA meetings, stay informed on everything happening at Winchester and join committees.
- DONATE TO Invest in Your Child. This is our main fundraiser and it allows us to host all of the events and programs we run throughout the year. Without the financial support of our members, we would not be able to bring these programs to Winchester. Your donation is tax deductible. More information is here.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Winchester when shopping? Kroger, Busch’s, Office Depot/Office Max, and General Mills Box Tops will donate a percentage of your everyday shopping directly to our school. It takes only a few minutes to sign up & every dollar counts. Busch’s does require you to update this every calendar year, so take a look to ensure you are still enrolled.
How to Get Involved
- Join a Committee! Reach out to our 2 VPS to see what committee positions are available and what committees need volunteers.
- Attend a PTA Meeting to stay informed!
- Keep an eye out in the Winchester Weekly for volunteer opportunities!
- Have an idea? Let us know! We welcome all ideas.
PTA Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, Sep 12 7PM in the Dragon Den
(Parent Meet and Greet offered at 6:30PM before first meeting - Meeting Slides)
- Thursday, Nov 16 7PM in the Media Center
- Thursday, Jan 18 7PM in the Media Center
- Thursday, March 7 7PM in the Media Center
- Thursday, May 16 7PM in the Media Center